THE FINAL EVERYTHING-MUST-GO CLEARANCE SALE...
After the first rounds of "auction" clearance, the remaining books have had their listed prices slashed, many to FREE or $1.
SORRY, I WILL NOT SHIP TO ADDRESSES OUTSIDE THE USA. Dealing with currencies and customs forms has become far more trouble than it's worth, while the price of shipping to other countries has become astronomical. Unfortunately, there is no longer any kind of cheap book rate for overseas shipping from the USA.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Browse the clearance pages via the menu at upper left. Every title I still have on French history (and all other history, cultural history, social history, etc etc) is listed on these pages, sorted by price, including many more free books.
2. Find good stuff. Please read all listings thoroughly, as some of the listed books have marked/underlined pages. I have tried to describe marked books as accurately as possible; you can also consult the "About Marked Books" page to get a better idea of condition. Email me at historyboox "at" yahoo.com if you want even more detail, including photos, about a specific book's condition.
3. Copy-and-paste listings of titles you want into email window and copy and paste into it.addressed to historyboox "at" yahoo.com ; or open this
4. Take any free book right away. First come first served.
Take any priced book right away at the listed price, first come first served, OR:
Consider your maximum offer for each title. Make me any offer you like, even $0.00, for any book. I want these books to go to people who can use them!
Standard shipping charges apply: $4 for first volume, $1 for each additional volume.
5. Email me with requests/offers for any books you want. All offers will be considered.
French Revolution enthusiasts: I also have a few souvenir items from the 1989 Bicentennial still available for offers. Please note that any non-book items must be shipped separately from books being shipped at book rate (or else a parcel of combined books and non-books must go at regular parcel post rates).
I respond to and acknowledge all messages sent me, so if you email me any offers or questions and do not receive a response from me, please check your spam/bulk mail box immediately, and please add my bookstore mailing address – historyboox [at] yahoo.com – to your address book; then please drop me a note. Between them, the email gremlins and the bulk mail filters often devour messages, and sometimes a message doesn't even get shunted into the spam folder but simply disappears into the electronic ether.
Please contact me with any questions at all that you may have.
Local pickup in Albany, NY: No shipping charge for pickup.for an appointment. Payment for books must be in cash or prepaid.
Mailing rates to addresses in the USA: $4.00 for the first volume, $1 each additional volume. Rates may occasionally be adjusted up or down for very heavy or very light books. Postal insurance is extra ($2.25 - $2.75) and optional (recommended for parcels with a total price of more than $20); orders with a total price above $100 are insured without additional charge.
Owing to the astronomical cost of international shipping, plus the general annoyance and inconvenience of calculating said astronomical shipping charges, deciphering customs forms, and quoting and processing payment in other currencies, I no longer ship to addresses outside the United States. Feel free to request that an order be shipped care of a friend to his/her address within the USA.
I accept personal or business checks drawn on a U.S. bank (must clear before orders are shipped), cash (in US dollars, Canadian dollars, or Euros only), or PayPal/PayPal International. I am unable to accept credit or debit card payments except through PayPal. I accept international payments only through PayPal in U.S. dollars--no non-U.S. checks or money orders accepted unless drawn directly on a U.S. bank.